Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

En-LIGHT-ment

Loving my new light in my sewing-crafting room/office.

I had an old fluorescent fixture that was so inefficient it been on replace list far to long. My aging MS effected eye sight had enough, after all I'm trying to sew, craft, read & write! This fixture is as close to natural light I could find, 6500 kelvins, 2700 lumens and low energy.

We are 100 miles from the nearest home improvement store, so I found this online and with free shipping. Perfect, right? Well you guessed it, no. The fixture arrived via UPS in 3 days as they promised. We took it out of the box, and yep, the plastic cover was shattered. After several days of phone calls, a week wait for the light to be restocked from the factory, the store decided to deliver it personally. Now just had to wait for the weekend!


We got it installed no problem, worked great, the brightest light I've ever seen! Wow! Sewing is going to be great!
Until two days later....flipped the switch & nothing! No power! In fact three rooms in the house.had no power. A week later we found the problem. Seems as if the only light left in the house to replace may have felt slighted, so it shorted out and it got unexpectedly replaced also.


And loving my new laundry room light!


Finally, nearly a month later, I'm back to free motion quilting my 2011 quilt top. Now that I can see, I think I've spent more time with my seam ripper & tweezers removing my stitches!



The chickens getting a treat from the 50 cent box of produce scraps. Not a bad trade for the 70 eggs laid in February, some of which made the best egg salad sandwiches. Get my recipe Deb's Egg Salad.



Lovingly,
Deb

I'm not Lucky. I'm just Blessed!


The blessings of the Lord brings wealth...Proverbs 10:22 



No comments:

Post a Comment